Re: The Magic of Others - learning Theist magic (Was Heortling Common Magic thread)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:44:45 -0000

When part of a quest is that you are gifted with something, I think it still works the same way, just that some greater power is granting you an ability from one of its subordinate beings. Also sometimes the ability you win actually comes from another quester! (ouch for them!)

In other words, I'd treat these abilities as being like natural magic in a way, it is just part of you.

Now, that doesn't mean it could never get you into trouble. If you are a Dara Happan and you gain the ability of rebellious or independant or free-thinking, or a Challana Arroy healer who gains the ability of violent temper, well, that can cause problems. Also I could imagine with combined narrator player agreement having some issues come up if you gain a substantial new ability that is very foreign to the hero.

--Bryan