Re: running little heroquests

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:18:54 -0800

Mike

>First off, can't you quest to get better powers for the guardian you
>already have?

They have no hero band and no guardian -- the idea of doing a quest was to get something with higher ratings (and IMO, probably another power).

>Second, can't an animate statue be made up using the standard
>manifestation rules on
>Guardians?

If the players wanted a statue that could talk, I'd say it was a standard manifestation. They want an animated statue, which seems to me a step beyond.

Alex

>I'm not sure why it's different, aside from some additional
>terminology. What exactly do you think HQ is missing?

It seems (and Chris apparently concurs) that the "indistinct boundaries" form of heroquest, where you can't always tell if you're in the Hero Plane or in the real world facing another heroquester, is missing.

--

David Dunham