Re: Duck-Point (and much mystical speculation)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:44:06 -0000

> I love the idea of heroes trying to create the Duckpoint
> Confederation of presumably the Durulz, the Lismelder, the Colymar
> and maybe Sun County? Probably impossible (the Colymar are far too
> proud to ever accept the Lismelder as equals - let alone the
> ducks).

Ah, but this is the hero wars, all is possible (maybe futile, definately fleeting, but possible).

Notice that the Colymar are groaning under a lunar appointed king, and are saddled with the Doburdan worshipping Black Oak clan. Now let's say that some heroes managed to get rid of that king, and crush, convert, or somehow make acceptable the Black Oaks, restoring tribal pride and vigor. Then those heroes preached that the Colymar couldn't take their rightful place on their own, they needed to take the burden of leadership upon themselves (especially if this is before Sartar has really been re-established by an Argrath). Say there are some immediate dangers to overcome, like Delecti getting uppity, or a major Grazer invasion, and the heroes managed to build temporary alliances between the other local powers to deal with this/these threat(s), and in the process old grievances were aired, and somewhat settled, and it was then proposed that by federating they could lead the way towards the future, becoming the foremost federation in the kingdom.....

Dang, now I just people to play it all with *L*

--Bryan