Colymar

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 01:40:31 +0000 (GMT)

> The Colymar were not willing to join a city
> federation. I'm not
> aware of the details of why, but the impression I
> get is that they
> were too proud. They eventually accepted Sartar as
> high king, and
> his descendants as Prince, but they were not willing
> to accept the
> other tribes as peers in a city confederation.

FWIW (and I don't really understand it, either): KoS 214.

Ortossi is King of the Colymar...

"Sartar said that he would like to help the Colymar tribe, and to make a city there. Ortossi refused, for he said "this must be a wild place, for the vine, and a city will bring too many foolish people here, thirsty for our wine."
Sartar said "I will create the city council so that you and your kin will be the lords of it now, and when it grows in centuries to come."
But Ortossi said "This is not my desire, lord, for there are things greater than your plans ands desires."
"If you do not do this, then the kingdom will surely be weakened," said Sartar, "And in the seventh generation, I see that disaster will loom over us as well as our descendants."
"We must sometimes do like the Old Gods, sir, and hope for the future while we gamble on the present."

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Ortossi, incidentally, was the king who got tricked (probably by Sartar) into chasing a blue wolf into the Other Side, and seems to have ended up founding Badside, outside the walls of Pavis, a long time before Dorasor got there.

The seventh generation from Sartar has yet to be born (or at least, documented!) But the seventh generation of Ortossi's descendants included Argrath.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html