Re: Two swords

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:47:29 -0500

> I'd rate it as more effective than sword&shield
> myself: but HQ is not a simulationist game, and the
> differences in effectiveness of weapon type are lost
> compared with differences in skill level of the person
> wielding them.
>
> > Are there any rules about that?
>
> I'm totally failing to find the right bit of rules
> here, but my memory suggests that you get a +1 for
> having an extra weapon (assuming you know how to use
> it! if not, it's -5 for the thing getting in your
> way). A shield as well as a sword would also add +1.

Wouldn't the easiest way to define such a thing in HeroQuest be a Two-Sword Fighting Style, that could be used as an augment to Sword Combat?

The PC would, of course, need two swords. Functionally, IMO, it would be the same as sword and shield combat, except that while you wouldn't get the extra protection, Two-Sword style could be used to describe various stunts that would be possible with using two weapons, and justify perhaps more agressive AP expenditures.

CB