Re: Heortlings and inheritance + (Worship)

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:57:39 +0000

> From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
>And will TR clear up just what a Ghost is? Can you get ghosts of
>theists? If not, what are they? And who can exorcise them?

IMO a ghost is the magical essence of a person somehow trapped on the mundane plane. This can't happen to a theist initiate in good standing except in very exceptional circumstances (out of reach of his deity e.g., on enemy holy ground; so overwhelmed with emotion that he dosen't follw the pull of his god). As the spirit plane is closest to the mundane the essence often appears as a blip in the spirit world too. As well as shamans ghosts can sometimes be excorcised by theists with the right feats (e.g., Humakti) or by sorcerors with the right spells. In addition, removing the blockage preventing thiest ghosts traveling to their allotted heaven (or hell) can also lay them (e.g., avenging their death, removing the remains from the chaos temple).

All my opinion, but it seems to make sense.

Thom