Re: Two swords

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:00:31 -0000

Jane Williams:
> Bear in mind that this is almost certainly sword and
> short-sword, not two "full-size" swords. Using two
> full swords, one in each hand, for anything but
> thrusting, is a good way to cut your own arm off.
> There was a technique that used it historically, with
> two rapiers (seventeeth century I think), but even
> then it was a gimmick.

About legend of Japanese Samurai Sword masters, Miyamoto Musashi was famous for Mastery of Two Swords and seen as the greatest among many of Warring States period swordmasters, though his art and style was for actual war and thus never be widespread style of swordmanship in Edo Era, ceremonialized style superseded.

(Moreover, he never be seen to wield two swords simultaneously and many realists think title of his sword school "Nitenichiryuu" just a bluff. )

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6302969328/104-1632991- 7943913?v=glance

TI