Re: Reincarnation?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:35:13 GMT

In message <c2f9ko+n9vj_at_...> "illuminate33" writes:

>But few exception (Malkioni Soulless bastards and mostali:-)), most
>of gloranthans experience samsara (reincarnation), but don't have
>memory of former lives. It seems that reincarnation is natural state
>of being for most of theistic / animistic gloranthans.
>
>(About Orlanthi, see TR p.87, Arronius Jaranthir secret is a method
>to recover memory in next lives. (See ILH p.43), about uz, see
>http://www.glorantha.com/new/q-and-a/ancestor_rebirth.html)
>
>But what kind of way do you use this for game? If you did so
>somehow, how could you do for heroes who try to recover (or lose)
>former live memory? Maybe this is pointless suggestion, but for RW
>eastern mysticism, samsara is a simple fact and its main purpose is
>escaping from it.....

It's a plot idea - a lover, hated enemy or good friend from a previous life turns up with unfinished business and complicates current relationships. Finding out what and why can be a whole series of sessions. I think it's based more on Celtic ideas of re-incarnation than Buddist ones.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/