Re: Re: Two swords

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:37:38 -0600

Mike Demetro wrote:

> > An oblique Monty Python reference to Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson who
> spent
> an entire interview being annoyed over the fact that the interviewer kept
> harping on the fact that he had two garden sheds. (Or was it that he only
> planned on having two once?)
> >
> He never even planned two. He had one and planned another as a replacement
> but got saddled with the idea that he had two sheds. IIRC.

Actually, he says: "No, I've only one shed. I've had one for some time, but a few years ago I said I was thinking of getting another one and since then some people have called me 'Two Sheds'". (The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words, Vol. 1)

To keep this on-topic, I'd like to do a short character description of Arthur "Two-swords" Jackson:

Arthur "Two-swords" Jackson, a devotee of Donandar, actually has only one sword, but he once said he was thinking of getting another one. He gets angry when this reputation overshadows his real work, which is conducting Tarshite symphony. Sometimes he wishes to throw away his sword, which would make him Arthur "No-swords" Jackson. He used to be interested in spotting Lunar supply trains. He is frequently interviewed by Lunar artistic types, which makes him very cross since they are usually more interested in his two swords than his music.

Note: he is apparently better at music than he is with either sword.

Guy