Re: Imperial Government Organization

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:21:03 +1300

At 09:29 PM 3/12/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Thanks to the Imperial Lunar Handbook we have a pretty good idea of
>how the imperial nobility work (Emperor, satraps, noble houses, and
>associations) and how the military works, but how are the Imperial
>beuracracy and temples organized?

The bureaucracy is mainly support staff to the nobles. If you want to get a noble to make something happen for you, you have to go through his bureaucracy.

The Temples are organized on a basis of need.

>For example lets say a foreign barbarian prince wishes to negotiate a
>trade concession or something along those lines. Who would he speak to?

He would speak to the noble in whose territory he is trading with and also the cult of Etyries to make things easier (nice trading route you've got there, wouldn't want anything to happen to it, wouldn't we?).

>Also what is the Imperial Synod?

An assembly of all the Lunar religious authorities in the Empire and beyond.

--Peter Metcalfe