Re: Re: "Magic Road" Travel?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:44:35 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks, guys, this is helping a lot.

To put it into context, I'm trying to pick up my old description of the Vingan temple of Tarthcaer http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/tarthcaer.cfm (anglicised to "Fort of the Mists" for DP), and translate the rules bits from modified-RQ to HQ. I already knew that there *is* no mundane route to it, only paths through the mists, and that some of these at least are effectively triggered by a certain set of conditions (female, in trouble, in the Quivin hills, calling on Vinga, is a good start).

There's also meant to be a "path" to it from any other Vingan temple, provided you're prepared to do a little HQ through any of Vinga's battles in the Great Darkness (because she always went home afterwards!) - high level Vingan HQers only need apply, and I'm sure you can figure out who I'm thinking of in particular.

It sounds to me as if putting the temple in a Short World fits the description nicely. But I'd hate to get the mechanics horribly wrong and thereby create a Glorantha-wide teleport system for all Vingans (or all women!), or to make it impossible to use.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html