Re: lunar heroquests

From: bankuei <Bankuei_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:20:31 -0000

Hi Yak,

Please check out my previous posting on this. I'm not making judgement as to whether the Goddess is ancient, or a johnny-come-lately co-opting older religions, what I -am- saying, is that finding out for yourself, for your group, and exploring that question, is a fun place to go with Lunar campaigns. Likewise with "We are All Us".

These are issues to explore, not set answers. So, if the Goddess is ancient, then the fun is in finding out all the ways in which the Goddess has existed, and how deep and widespread her influence is. If the Goddess is new, has the co-option been the action of misguided followers, or part of a greater plan on the part of the Goddess? Or what if a lot of the beliefs are simply re-written history, done simply to further unite the Empire? All of these questions can lead to fun play.

"We are all Us" is a great ideal. The question is, does the reality match the ideal?
Consider America's "Justice for All", as an ideal, then as a reality. Again, this is great stuff to explore in play. What does it mean, in terms of concrete actions, to make,
"We are All Us" a functional reality? What do you do when Imperial Edict relocates a
Lunarized Broo colony next to your neighborhood?

I connect it to real world issues, because the real world ones point to interesting trends and ideas that can inspire new ways to look at your Lunar campaign.

Chris