Help needed in picking a HQ book.

From: victor <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:57:19 -0800

I'm working on the foundation for a HQ game with the basic idea being Orlanthi clan men waging a guerrilla war against the Lunars after their clan was almost completely killed off. Lots of fun fighting with role-play opportunities coming from traitorous leaders, friends held hostage, and the like. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use the Sartar Rising campaign books.

So my questions are as follows:

Are the Sartar Rising books worth it for a fairly inexperienced GM running a Glorantha game for the first time? (I've played RQ before. That was in Prax, though.)

And, which book would give me the best understand of Sartar and Dragon Pass as a whole?

I am, unfortunately, on a very short budget, so I can really only afford one or two books right now.

Thank you for your answers, which though I haven't seen them yet, I'm sure will be niffty.
--Victor

Fear the Dice.