Re: Dream walking?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:15:29 +0000 (GMT)

> I quite like the following, and I thought I'd share
> it.

It's good! I think a lot of us wil want to borrow your player :)

> A calling, a vocation, something
> > that can't easily be denied. Probably something
> that haunts
> > their dreams and blurs the boundaries between
> dreaming and
> > the hero-plane. Possibly something that spills
> over into
> > their waking lives, leading to episodes of fugue
> or acting-
> >
> in-this-world-what-you're-seeing-in-the-other-world.
>
> > Basically a divine madness.

> Jennifer
> came up with Dream Walking as a description, does
> anyone have a better name?
>
> Imagine the poor bastard who's channeling Eurmal...

We tend to call it "Devotee of <deity>".

Which is probably a mistake on our part, too, but that's the way we tend to RP the Devotee ability. Maybe this is actually a separate skill/flaw that ought to be part of the Devotee keyword? Erm... "be possessed by <deity>"? The whole point is that you don't get to use this by (character) choice, it happens *to* you.

One of the Swords group with a high Devotee skill tends to "channel" Kargan like that, and all the Humakti around him think he's pretty terrifying. If he goes glazed and starts ranting, we all step back a few yards, just in case.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html