Re: Dream walking?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:06:39 -0800

> > Isn't it exactly why there is no initiate/devotee of
> > Eurmal,
> > only Disciples? They're "possessed" by their god all
> > the time.
>
> Makes sense to me.

Absolutely correct. One does not *choose* to be a follower of Eurmal, one is chosen (most would say cursed). And it is more in the way of a possession by Trickster than the normal "calling on the power of [god]". This is why it's really tough to play a trickster convincingly - it's not really the hero/fool who is in control!

> > Which reminds me: is it an error or is it normal
> > that there is no Yinkin or Vinga Disciple?

> What other cults have Disciple write-ups I should look
> at for comparison? Humakt does, but that's not likely
> to be similar to anything else.

Intentional. Of the cuilts in Storm Tribe, Disciples occur in: Chalana Arroy
Eurmal
Humakt
Lhankor Mhy
Urox.

Remember: "not all cults support disciples and disciples of any god are rare". ST 11. Of course, just because your cult "doesn't support disciples", it doesn't mean that you can't change the priests minds about your hero!

RR
- Richelieu