Re: Heortlings and inheritance + (Worship)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:41:56 -0000

> >Note that, although I agree peacefully dead theists do not become
> >ghosts, there could be reasons why a theist might stay a ghost - to
> >take one example from our campaign, to atone for past crimes
(while a
> >thanatari mad head ghost).
>
> A trifle unclear. He is trying to atone for sins committed while
> a mad head ghost? I was under the impression that the release of
> the mad head ghost does not cure it of insanity but only sends it
> to the afterlife.

It's a specific instance. In the scenario 'revenge of Muriah' our party was attacked by a ghost of a Chalana Arroy, Arabella (it's a lady ghost). Her tactics were to posess a victim, then walk them into a pool & drown them. She was defeated by my Shaman, now a Spirit Talker, and captured in her Fetch (was that RQ2 or RQ3? Can't remember). When the ritual was performed to free the ghost, therefore, she couldn't just zap off to the afterlife, and struck a deal to atone for her highly un-Chalana Arroy activities by sticking around and doing good. She remains a bit unstable, however...

Wulf