Re: Dear Tribe

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:50:13 -0000

...I never thought it would happen to me but... (Sorry! Started trong sort of letter there.)

The Black Oaks are a state of mind. They are the evil clan that are almost like us but BAD. Its best not to put them in the same clan as your home clan if you want to have fun raiding and feuding - as others have suggested, tribes tend to frown on that sort of open infighting.

The "real" Black Oaks are in the Colymar Tribe and figure in an upcoming adventure in "Sartar Rising." They differ from the one in HeroQuest as they've become a bunch of total collaborators and become exclusively Doburdun and Ernalda Hon-eel worshippers - details on this were in Tentacles III, I believe.

The Cyrlings are just the 'clan next door we don't talk to that much' - not very powerful but not dastardly either. Possibly tribemates but the lack of contact could be explained by their being in a different tribe. In "Dragon Pass - Land of Thunder" there are some sites described that, in *my* Glorantha, are held by the Cyrlings. Gold Lamb, for example, which places them in the Aranwyth tribe. There's a fair bit of information on the Cyrling in the same issue of Tentacles as well. But your Glorantha Will Differ from mine.

But that's just me!

Jeff