RE: Vingans and Fertility

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:45:58 -0000

On Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:24 PM, Jane Williams wrote:

> BTW, henna on the soles of the feet to enhance
> fertility is a genuine RW historical/religious
> practise. Which is why I picked it to apply to the
> other end of the body :)

I'm sure there's some symbology to be got out of a contrast between applying henna to the feet to enhance fertility, but to the head to reduce it. I wonder if there's some kind of euphemism at work...

Still, makes for a nice bit of cultural atmosphere if "everyone knows" that a Vingan with red feet has decided to settle down for a time and raise a family.

Regards,

Bruce