Re: Re: Heortling Sex and Marriage

From: Moah, platypus powaaa! <MOAH_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:04:28 +0100

Ian Cooper wrote:

> Well perhaps most of us no longer believe that the 'gods actually
> come down on their whole extended family'. But people did believe
> this, and they still had affairs.

Because most of the time they got away with it?

> It may just be me, but in my glorantha, people are just as fallible,
> just prone to 'sin', and just as keen to atone for their sins as
> they are in the real world. I think that the 'Fall' is a myth retold
> in new forms with each age, both mythic and heroic, in Glorantha.

No i agree that people are fallible and fail just as much. After all, fixing your own mistake is an Orlanthi virtue. It's just that I think this kind of slip ups get found out more easily in Glorantha than in the RW. (Actually, i think a "once" doesn't, and that the gods get involved when the problem becomes a common occurence).

> But of course YGMV.

That goes without saying ;)

Moah, platypus powaaa!