Re: Pregnant Vingans?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:43:25 -0000

Well, know, I wasn't, since I didn't meet Vinga until HW. I think I was influenced by a thread (in this list maybe?) a few years ago perhaps, discussing what kept Vingans from having babies (was it a magical property of the henna, was it following Vinga, etc). I probably read Storm Tribe already thinking they were infertile, and never saw anything to contradict that.

My impression of the issue was roughly "It seems like a rough restriction, but I guess it is meant to be like with Orlanth Adventurous versus Allfather, that if you want to stop the adventuring life and have a family, you can transfer to Ernalda. Restrictive, but I guess that is the way they wanted it."

Overall, I'm glad to discover that I'm wrong, as it opens up new story possibilities.

However, it does raise the question: Do Vingans have any way of preventing conception? Assuming that they don't want to become pregnant, do they have to avoid the likely causes thereof? Or is there some element of choice there?

-Bryan