Re: Distances

From: Dr Moose <loosmoos_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:29:40 -0000

> What is the crack with distances on the Dragon Pass LoT map. Is
> this an old thread? Everything seems really bunched up.

IIRC this is an old chestnut, and I've never been totally sure about the truth of the answers. (Such as whether the maps started in miles and were converted to kilometers, or whatever).

Just bear in mind that
1) most of us take motorised travel for granted and forget how long it would take to walk (or in the Orlanthi case even fly) for even twenty miles,
2) much of the scale of Glorantha is modelled on ancient European (bronze age?) scales, and that ancient and early kingdoms and tribal lands were small, and
3) your Glorantha Will vary - as long as you remain consistent and you're all having fun, well, the rest is less important.

Dr Moose.