Re: Re: Distances? Trave Rates!

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:53:09 +0100

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> writes:

>And yes, I *had* visualised the Lunar Empire as being
>a bit bigger than that! Britain plus colonies, maybe,
>Britain alone, no. Are you sure?

According to Wesley's map of the Lunar Empire, it's 600 miles from the mouth of the Oslir in the Thunder Delta, to Kero Fin in Dragon Pass. That's also roughly the distance from Land's End to John O'Groats. Superimpose a scale map of the British Isles over the map of the Lunar Empire, and it would pretty much cover it - although admittedly the Empire is rather wider so bits would poke out around the edge...

Stephen