RE: Re: Distances? Travel Rates!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:23:37 +0100

> Not to sound all GL, but wasn't this done in the RQ3 Glorantha book?
> IIRC it had a perfectly servicable overlay of Genertela on North
> America,

P7. A black silhouette of the whole of Genertela over Canada (they're roughly the same width, however big that is. "Very".). The USA is apparently in the sea, and falling down Magasta's Pool.

> which was handy not only geographically, but also climatographically

>From the look of the positioning, I doubt that very much. It all looks
*very* chilly.

> AFAIK the width of the wastes was about 750km in both RQ2 & 3.

Very hard to say, since *all* we get is that black silhouette of the entire continent, with no internal markings at all.

> (Sorry, I was going to remake the overlay but I don't have the
> graphics tools here at work.)

I could scan in the page, were it not for copyright.

Trouble is, this gives no idea at all about the sort of size area we're interested in: Sartar, say. (Do you realise, this is a map of Glorantha that *doesn't* have Apple Lane marked on it!??)

And from my own POV, my comments about the Lunar Empire ("Far too big" and "a long way away but not far enough") apply just as much to the USA :)