reference for how the solars got 'there'

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:41:52 -0000

We all know how everything started with the spike.

At some point Orlanth left the spike and went exploring in the unmarked wilderness to its north. Later he led many people down it, and they passed through the wilderness, and settled it in places.
>From what I've read in the main sources, they seemed to be the first
settlers there (1).

Some time later, Orlanth comes into conflict with the Bad Emperor, who had his empire farther to the north. At that time it was a well established and prosperous empire, well set in its ways.

Soooo....I got to wondering things like: 1) Was the empire already there when Orlanth came down off the Spike?   1a) If it was, did Orlanth know of it even then (and was he really just exploring?)
  1b) If it was not, how did they get around the storm lands? 2) Why did the emperor leave the spike? From the orlanthi POV it seems like the court on the spike and the old emperor were equally hide bound, but did he too rebel against the gods on the spike? 3) Are such questions of time and geography meaningless, because neither time nor geography were the same pre-compromise.

I was wondering if any of this sort of question is explained/answered/hinted at in one of the non-main-line source books? If so, could someone point me the right direction?

Regards;

-Bryan