Re: Distances? Trave Rates!

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:09:05 -0400

Rob Davis:

> Jorg, wow! your way brighter than me. My point was just that with
> the tangible assist from magic, rituals and worship to boost child
> survival rates, people survival rates and output from husbandry and
> farming then I 'imagine' the population figure not too high.

The usual comment is that magical boosts in Glorantha to fertility and agriculture are roughly cancelled out by the higher death rate from magical disasters and monsters.

A more detailed population model would probably show a different age distribution from what we're used to, with fewer deaths in the first year of life and more among adults.

Andrew