Re: Re: So What makes a Glorantha Game Gloranthan?

From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:02:33 +0200

Roderick wrote:
 > History - Especially Mystic. Legends and myths abound to explain  > "stuff".

   "Glorantha is a Bronze Age world. Bronze is common, and can be mined directly from the bones of the gods who died in the Gods' War."

   "In Glorantha, the gods, in the forms of their followers and cult, play an active and important part in most major events. However, most gods are complementary, and rarely oppose each other directly."

 > Mundane history usually gets much less "play". Otherworld beings
 > (God, spirits, etc) and their followers (Cults, worshippers)
 > Relationships (at least since HW - RQ wasn't that big on them...).

   "Unlike the worlds in other role-playing games, there is no alignment, as such. People have allegiances to nations, cities religions, and tribes, not to abstract concepts."

 > Wierd sh*t - whether you play with origami magic, or argue about the
 > aerodynamics of a fully-laden Chaos Bat-demon, you acknowledge that
 > there is some really off-the-wall stuff.

Dragons the size of mountain ranges, Dragonewts, dream-dragons, ducks