Re: Re: Greetings and Felicitations

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:33:29 -0700

> > Mmm... In fact some quite significant chunks of the overall meta-plot
> > *aren't* already out there. Greg & co have surprises for us. And while I
> > HATE secrecy and so on, I have to say that the surprises I've seen are
going
> > to be very, very, good. If you decide to run with the main meta-plot,
and
> > want to be able to make the most of it, don't invent anything
significant
> > about any of the main NPCs that isn't already in print. Sorry, NDA and
all
> > that, but it's only fair to point out that if you want to stick with the
> > official line (and it IS going to be good), the freedom you (and I)
prefer
> > isn't actually there.
>
> How interesting. I was quite under the impression that rather than filling
out
> chronological history, they were going to just flesh out assorted areas
and where they
> lead up to in the big showdown in the future. That's ok, I am more than
willing to take
> what I want and ignore the rest anyway. I intend to be running smaller,
more self-
> contained plots in a given area, then starting fresh. It should give me
plenty of space to
> tinker. :)

The Big Showdown is quite a few books in the future. Quite a few books *for each region* in the future. The first three volumes of Sartar Rising (Barbarian Adventures, Orlanth is Dead, and the upcoming one) are just a taste of what's to come for the Heortlings - there is more "history" after the Dragonrise.

Of course, no-one will force you to play the later (or any, for that matter) published adventures. You may find that your Glorantha is varying far from the "official" one though, which might make purchasing decision easier, but discussion on a list like this one, or the Digest, harder. Asking "So what happens now that Argrath and Jar-Eel have married and run off to Pameltela together to run an exttortion and smuggling racket" might lead to all sorts of fun, but nothing official!

RR
- Richelieu