Re: Greetings and Felicitations

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 21:45:02 -0000

Which part? There are lots of Candians on the list (I'm in Ottawa myself), some of whom might love a chance to bring in or hook up with someone starting a new game....whether or not you are interested is another thing, of course.

> > Mmm... In fact some quite significant chunks of the overall meta-
plot
> > *aren't* already out there.
>
> How interesting. I was quite under the impression that rather than
filling out
> chronological history, they were going to just flesh out assorted
areas and where they
> lead up to in the big showdown in the future.

Yes and no. The main source for "the future" is King of Sartar. Think of it a bit as the biblical "book of revalations" crossed with a historical mystery novel about the secret plots of the Templars.

Some things are known--certain key battles are described quite well, we know Harrek the Berserk will gain part of Argrath's kingdom for quite some period, and so on. But certain other critical elements are unclear--does Argrath really marry twice? Did one Argrath really rule for 100 years, or was that more like a dynastic name? are cryptic. And many things are totally unknown--especially things not directly connected to the story of Argrath, which gets the most coverage in King of Sartar. So yes a few rough outlines are known (in rough terms the long term prognosis is: world falls into barbarism, almost everyone dies, and they lose all literacy, at least around Dragon Pass. But glorious things happen between now and then).

Have fun with it all!

--Bryan