Alda-Chur and Yelmalio

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 01:03:39 +0300 (EEST)

Hopefully somebody here can clear a few things up for me.

The DP Gazetteer tells of Alda-Chur's two great temples, the Lunar one and a major temple for Yelmalio.

There is no info on how recent this is, but I'd assume there was no Yelmalio temple in the city before the Lunar Occupation. Yelmalio enduring is even named as the Patron God of the city.

It doesn't seem likely that this would have been the state of affairs when the Alda-Chur confederation joined Sartar.

Another interesting thing in the gazetteer is in the writeup of the Amber Fields:

"...This averted civil war, and made the Yelmalians a tribe subject to Sartar". The Yelmalian (sun-tribe?) doesn't seem to be one of the 24 tribes of Sartar given in Barbarian Adventures though.

        -Adept