Re: Greetings and Felicitations

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 00:42:20 -0000

Hey Donald,

> This is because history and myth are intermingled in Glorantha, even
> more than they are in the real world. At one extreme you have:
> The official version - that the Red Emperor is one person who
has
> lived since the Goddess placed him on the throne and if his
body
> is killed reincarnates even though his behavior and policies
may
> different.
> At the other:
> The cynics version - that the Red Emperor is a position filled
> by whoever comes out on top in a power struggle following the
> death of his predecessor.

> One of those, or something in between is the truth and no one in
> Glorantha knows in an objective way although many believe in one
> version or another. They may even be able to prove their point of
> view by heroquesting.

> It's just the same as trying to find out the background to leaders
> in the real world, all sorts of stories get told about them. Some
> are true, some are false and most selected to present a particular
> point of view.

See, that's fine. But we don't usually have trouble finding out certain things they did. (Depending on how far back we go.)

What's missing (as was said before) is a sort of "newbie's intro" that's really just "This is common knowledge to people." Even if it is "common knowledge" only to certain regions or what have you. The HQ Voices is close but it's just a little shy of what I would want.

Anyways, at this point I'm just whining. :) Easiest for me will be getting the players together this weekend, getting some idea of what kind of game and region they want, and figuring out where I want to place this.

Once there, I can come back with some specific questions about the place/time/history I want to explore in my game.

LC