Re: re:Alakorings and Heortlings

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:22:57 -0000

> The cities of Esrolia are not Malkioni in origin.

I should know better than to go up against your Gloranthan scholarship without researching mt material. After this post I'll let this thread lie and return to Esrolian questions on the digest (if and when it returns).

To take one final risk <waits to be shot dwon in flames> my final comment on Esrolians would be:

>From the Thunder Rebels sample chapter on the web site (just off the
Thunder rebels product listing along with the sample artwork): http://www.glorantha.com/products/samples/tr_1.html

"Esrolians look like us and call us cousins, but long ago their grandmothers grew greedy, and they no longer follow the true ways. They have nothing that we want."

They 'look like us and call us cousins'. This still suggests to me that we should not think of them as too divergent a culture from other 'Orlanthi' [I use this term in the Gods of Glorantha sense]. I guess that is why I had a stab at the Iroquois, IMHO there is information there that could be merged with Heortlings (i.e. take some of the social and political structure of the Iroquois and merge it with Heortlings (things like longhouses etc in both cultures make this simpler to concieve) and mix in with unique stuff to give us an Esrolain amalgam.

Of course, there is the 'if everyone disagrees with you, being wrong is a definite possibility' theory. Guess I better stop now :-)

Ian