Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:47:02 -0500

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> Not sure if this should be here or in the Rules list, however...
>
> Which will be the first publication to include some more HQs? Or will
> any be posted on the website? I need some more inspiration & guidance
> on the sort of levels of opposition, type of challenges, and the sort
> of rewards, in a typical low-level HQ. For that matter, what counts
> as 'low-level'? 10W skills? 10W2? One fairly high-level (or it looks
> high to me) example isn't much to go on!
>
> Wulf

I know there's HQ's in Sartar Rising!... quite a few. But I suspect that there will be something on HQ's in Storm Tribe -- if not, there WILL be something in Sartar Rising. And I'd suspect something on the HeroWars site before either of those.

You can very readily de-engineer many of the short myths that we're getting in Anaixal and other places into small 4-5 station heroquests. Its dowright creepy how easily the stories fall appart into stages when you look at them right.

Heroquests can be done with 'off the shelf' characters though the rewards may differ for such weak opponents. As a personal rule of thumb, I feel heroquesting in the Hero Plane generally gives you opposition similar to yourself (generated when you cross that 10w3 barrier). heroquesting into the god-plane gives you godly oposition (those 10w3+++ problems). I'll try do dig up my (scattered) campaign notes and bounce them to you.

Jeff