Re: re:Alakorings and Heortlings

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:03:37 -0000

<snip some nice info on Esrolian magic>

> Longhouses aren't fundamental to being an Orlanthi AFAIK and
> I haven't heard of them in Esrolia before.

No I don't think they are either. I think I was partly looking at the 'look like' aspect here; both share the communal 'longhouse' way of living. Admittedly, a lot of cultures have practiced that, but along with matriachy and an earth based religion, there did seem to be some parallels. Though as John Hughes pointed out to me a long time ago it is only worth taking so much from an analogy.

Anyway maybe there is an influence there, maybe not.

Ian