Re: Allusion, allegory, analogy

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 15:36:33 -0000

> > I think its better to make allusions rather than allegories.
That
> way,
> > you can have your cake and eat it. When the Crater Makers
bombarded
> the
> > helpless Fire Bull clan in my campaign, I had in mind high tech
US
> > fire-power against the Taliban, but that was the limit of the
> analogy.

Here's where the lack of inflection in e-mails may have tripped me up. What I should have said is that I personally do not like intentional allusions or allegories to current political issues in my games. Of course, YGWV, and for those of you who like their games to be an op-ed page, cool for you.

Jeff