RE: Digest Number 1687

From: Paul Chapman <estarriol_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:01:37 +0800

Jane:

> though I hope someday SnakePipe
> Hollow will get converted.

If it does, I hope it's not simply converted stats-wise into HQ, as as it stands it's a bit of a dungeon hack (an excellent one that has Gloranthan flavour, but still). A good conversion would, IMO, bring it more into a storytelling type of mode. I'm not sure how that would work, off the top of my head - all the Baroshi stuff would be pretty easy to convert in this way, not sure about the rest.

Speaking of old books, I always enjoyed Elder Secrets. It's been a few years since I've read it, but for LC's benefit, if it's possible to get a cheap copy, it's probably worth picking up. It has details about all sorts of unusual things in Glorantha, which IMO helps to get a better flavour for the world. If you understand RQ stats, it also has stats for such grand beasties as the Crimson Bat, which is certainly an eye-opener... perhaps others would comment as to whether they think this has value today, I certainly do, although perhaps not worth spending a lot of money on unless you have it to spare.

Cheers,
Paul C

---