Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:55:34 -0000

> I know there's HQ's in Sartar Rising!... quite a few. But I
suspect
> that there will be something on HQ's in Storm Tribe -- if not, there
> WILL be something in Sartar Rising. And I'd suspect something on
the
> HeroWars site before either of those.

Hmm... given that Thunder Rebels was first intended for November, there will probably be snow on the ground again before Sartar Rising emerges... very atmospheric, but a bit long to wait :)

> You can very readily de-engineer many of the short myths that we're
> getting in Anaixal and other places into small 4-5 station
heroquests.
> Its dowright creepy how easily the stories fall appart into stages
when
> you look at them right.

Oh, I have little trouble thinking up HQ generally, it's thinking up INTERESTING ones that don't just read like an old D&D dungeon crawl...

> Heroquests can be done with 'off the shelf' characters though the
> rewards may differ for such weak opponents. As a personal rule of
> thumb, I feel heroquesting in the Hero Plane generally gives you
> opposition similar to yourself (generated when you cross that 10w3
> barrier). heroquesting into the god-plane gives you godly oposition
> (those 10w3+++ problems). I'll try do dig up my (scattered) campaign
> notes and bounce them to you.

Ta. I had assumed the opposition was set to match the rewards, therefore you ought to figure the rewards first (but what ARE the rewards, that's my next problem - items & new abilities/powers are OK, but if you HQ to gain, say, better Leadership, how much do you gain - and by now, I see this really should be on the Rules list :).

Wulf