RE: Last Refuge of Scoundrels

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:58:32 -0400

Howdy all.

On 12 May 2004 at 8:02, Jane Williams wrote:

> > This has sent my mind down the path of having my lovely
> > Lunars as the overarhing foe.
>
> Yeah! (sound of loud cheering)

Oh sure, gloat. :) If I put them anywhere near the Glowline, I'm having them see the Crimson Bat at a distance of 20 miles away and goading them into taking a shot at it. :)

> > Here's the trick, each
> > player is from a different homeland/country,...
> >
> > The question becomes where to locate them?
>
> The traditional answer is "Pavis". Sartarite exiles, Praxians, Sun County,
> and people can get there from much further afield. *And* it's already
> developed as a place for adventures.

> Coming soon to a Wiki near you, or join the Group: The siege of Whitewall is
> collecting all sorts of people to join forces against the Lunars (or argue,
> continue old feuds, etc). That may be a bit short-term as a campaign
> setting, but it might be a useful meeting point.

Don't need a campaign setting. I want to start with a short-run storyarc. Something fairly contained. Whitewall seems entirely possible.

> And I just thought of another: Nochet, capital of Esrolia. Easier for
> Western homelands, and a major trade port. I'm not sure how much current
> material there is about it, but I'm pretty sure there's a copy of Tales with
> maps and everything.

Now that appeals to the Casablanca in me, I must say. That's excellent, I can let them shape this by their character choices. If there's a heavy Western contingent, I can lean towardes Nochet, if they lean more central, I can put it in Whitewall?