Re: Tapping, Gloranthan west (was Refuge...)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:20:49 +0300 (EEST)

I wrote

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> The Brithini, the Boristi and the Galvosti disagree.

It's true. There may be a few things going on, all of them called tapping:

Finding a source of essense power and tapping it to power your magic is of course what being a wizard/sorceror is all about. Sometimes these essenses are a being that other people worship as a god, sometimes they are ambient essenses in the landscape, wind, rain or sunlight (as is done by the brithini in Arolant). Mostly, of course, they are ambient flows of essense in the essense planes.

One can also tap the mind, soul and body of fellow human beings. In doing this, people are flirting with chaos, since the destruction of souls by tapping is very remeniscent of the ultimate destruction by chaos.

At least that was the picture as I undestood it a few years back.

        -Adept