Re: Kingdom of War speculations

From: Groovelord <coridan_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:08:27 -0400

> Or... Greg speculates that maybe the Lunars were behind the KoW. In which
> case... Loskalm put all that emotional/magical energy out there. It was
just
> waiting for some enterprising and imaginative mage to figure out a way to
> harness it. Maybe if left to itself, the bad stuff *would've* stayed
safely
> in the underworld--but it was this great big resource waiting to be, um,
> "tapped".
>
> Seriously--I wonder if this was some kind of inadvertant self-tapping? The
> Loskalmi destroyed their own "rebellious" and "innovative" and "cynical"
> skills, and put it all into a giant tap pool. Then some clever Lunars
found
> the tap pool and used it to cast a great big "fuck up Loskalm" spell...

...which makes the Loskalmi naturally allies of the Sartar rebels. :)

Seriously after Sartar falls, no doubt Seshnela and Loskalm would be on the Lunar conquest calendar. Certainly the Carmanian Lunar nobility would love to have their territories expand,as they would be best qualified for the governance of the newly conquered Malkioni provinces.

On top of that, only Loskalm and Seshnela have the organized military resources and political unity capable of withstanding the Lunar empire. No doubt the conquest of Sartar and Esrolia is a necessity due to the fact that the Lunars would need sea access to get to the Malkioni nations.

Further, Theoblanc's purges and consolidation of Saint veneration may not simply be the usual religious power-grabbing, but a preparation of the Seshnelan nation magically to resist hostile Lunar Heroquesting. This means that Theoblanc turns into a reluctant anti-hero from a power-hungry villain! "They may hate me now, but at least their children will be decent Rokari in a free Seshnela instead of singing paens to the red moon demoness! <spits to the left> May God protect us from the daughter of the devil!"

If what Greg says about the Kingdom of War is true, then the Lunar assault on the west has already begun.

CB