Perfidious Lunar Heroquesting

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:27:10 -0700

bethexton_at_... wrote:

> Basically at least as often at conquering a place, they subvert it
> from the top through funky magical ritual and heroquesting.

I seem to remember a Runequest "questing in the Pavis rubble" supplement, where the big prize was to find Pavis's axe. One of the possible motives suggested for the quest was: Lunars want the axe to further their plan of marrying Pavis to the Red Goddess.

No idea how the axe would've helped, or *if* it would've helped, but I suppose some bright grad student at Glamour U. wrote a very promising doctoral dissertation along those lines.