Re: Troy - sigh

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:03:20 +0800

> > Maybe in twenty years, Peter Jackson will do a remake ;-)
>
>I wouldn't wish that on the poor Achaeans - the Trojans would end up being
>lead by a warrior Helen, who steals all the good scenes.

        If you are objecting to Peter Jackson not lovingly recreating Tolkiens authentic '40s sexism and relegating all but one of the female characters actions to the appendix, you might be the sort of Tolkien fan that, well, really objects to Tolkien being made into GOOD films.

>And Odysseus would
>get cut, as would Ajax the Lesser. And Hector would have his motivations all
>screwed up and take the hobbits to Osgiliath...

        Which might actually be truer to Homer than cutting all the gods out in any case.

        But are you one of these people that is upset because they cut Tom Bombadil just because he was an irritating irrelevancy?

	Cheers
		David