Re: Tapping, Gloranthan west (was Refuge...)

From: Jerome Blondel <jeblondel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:14:38 +0200

Wednesday 19 May 2004 06:44, Light Castle:
> I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.
>
> On 17 May 2004 at 2:15, Jerome Blondel wrote:
> > At least, the Brithini can tap their neighbour for their Mow the
> > Lawn 10w and they tap it back later, or whatever. It's very
> > convenient. Tapping doesn't have to be a victimization relation.

I was on holiday (yeah!!) so sorry for the slight delay.

First I wasn't in phase with the actual definition of tapping. I hope you can find the rules part from old HeroWars, or I'm sure someone could (has) provide(d) these to you. In fact, tapping really involves draining a permanent ability to convert it into short term magic power. My idea was that the permanent ability could be recovered by kinda reverse-tapping (which would allow someone to drain a Mow the Lawn 10w ability, then change it back into a Mow the Lawn 10w ability later, like I so stupidly said, like you would borrow the lawn mower from your neighbour).

Metaphysically difficult, though. I think it would be like re-creating the destroyed ability from scratch. In fact, I suspect that tapping is related to some kind of entropic thing, which accounts for its chaotic bad smell. The stuff (actually the person) just puffs out into magic smoke. Remind me to think about it before I make another such comment.

Jerome