Re: the Abiding Book

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:19:30 -0000

In Jrustela, and it was spread by the Jrustelans (Jrusteleans?), who later became closely associated with the god learners. So sort of a god learner text.

> So if the Abiding book didn't show up until the 7th century, does
that mean there are
> Malkioni sects that just don't use/believe the book?

Yes :)

Or to give a more useful answer... Many (or at least some) smaller Malkioni sects don't use the abiding book. Each of them has their own central scripture. Interestingly, the ones I've seen described all had many passages in common with the abiding book, even if their adherents claim they predate it. Which raises all sorts of questions, but you can speculate about it quite well on your own, and I have no answers, so I'll leave it there.

--Bryan
PS. If you go to: http://www.glorantha.com/greg/ and read through the Sheshnelan king lists, you'll see a lot of history of the rise of modern Rokarism, including the arrival of the abiding book, god learners, etc.