Re: Belintar's death

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 03:57:47 -0400

OK, with some further digging, I seem to have come across a reference (which I can't find now) saying that he died during the Esrolian sacred rites. (He is the main person in all the rites in all the sixths, that's part of how he runs the place.) Then they called a tournament, and he didn't reappear. (Which makes me wonder, did anyone "advance to the finals" of that tournament at all? Or was the tournament a non-starter from the beginning?)

I'm probably running my campaign in Holy Country 1618 or 1619, so I'm trying to figure out if a few things have been widely established or not.

Namely:

How well known is it that he got taken out by Jar-Eel? (Did she earn "The Razoress" for this particular move, btw?)

The politcal fall out. Obviously, the chaos in Herotland is due to this. The High King tries to become the new Pharaoh and fails, then we get New Malkonwal, a new King (soon beseiged in Whitewall), etc. Esrolia seems to have some maneuvering among the queens, with the Queen of the Red Earth (?) hooking up with Fazzur to get power.

I presume someone (the old guard involved in supporting Pharaoh directly?) did make attempts to either bring him back or make a new God-King, or simply keep the damn country together.

Anything on general activites of the other 6ths over the early stages of the Hero Wars (1618-1625?) I only know of the Whitewall scenario and the Temple of the Reaching Moon in Sartar.

LC