Re: Belintar's death

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:26:10 +1200

LC wrote:

>On 28 May 2004 at 19:53, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> > >OK, with some further digging, I seem to have come across a reference
> > >(which I can't find now) saying that he died during the Esrolian sacred
> > >rites.

> > Not so. That's just someone's supposition.

>So it's never been officially established how he died?

The only known account of his death was told by Greg:

         "The Pharaoh had a routine ritual that he was used to going through,
         and the Lunars loaded it against him.  There's one stage where the
         Pharaoh had to negotiate with the Men in Red to cross the river.  He
         knows from all the stories that he's done, that he has to give
them each
         a gold coin from a foreign land.  And _this_ time, the Men in Red are
         all Lunar agents with their own agenda.  And they say, "This has to be
         a gold coin from the realm of Khordavu!"  And suddenly the myth
         doesn't work for the Pharaoh, and the Men in Red say, "You don't
         know the end of this story, do you?  Well, we do!" <mimes drawing
         a sword>.

But this isn't known in the Holy Country.

--Peter Metcalfe