RE: Re: Garrath the Argrath

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:11:56 +0100

[originally sent this to Donald Grove rather than the list, sorry 'bout that]

>>>Is Garrath Argrath Dragonspear, the priest of Jarang Bladesong and
>>>is he the Argrath who lights the flame of Sartar to claim the
>>>kingship?

[snip]

>>AFAIK the canon is that there are several Argraths, one of who becomes
>>the hero Argrath in King of Sartar. Which one is a matter for your
>>Glorantha, you could even have more than one lighting the flame at
>>different times.

I've been gradually working through the Saga of the Gwandorlings (http://www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha/campaigns/gwandor/gwandor.html) on Wesley's Glorantha Site and this gives a nice narrative account of how one gaming group handles the Argrath issue (indeed its been generally helpful in getting me up to speed on how high level HQ play is likely to work if I ever manage to get a gaming group together).

The Gwandorlings manage to have two Argraths amongst their number, one of whom has (briefly) lit the flame of Sartar - but there are plenty of other Argraths to stir things up. Episode 23 ("Argraths") is the most directly relevant episode I've read so far, but I'm less than half way through.

Regards
Luke