[Continuum2004] Continuum Update, w/e 4th June

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:48:53 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2004-06-04-1740.

This is the next update for Continuum.

Lawrence Whitaker wrote:
Greetings Continuees,

Hard to believe that, this time last week, Continuum Central was in Germany and getting into the swing of Tentacles. It was as enjoyable as ever, and great see old faces and new - and many that we'll see next month at Continuum.

'Harem Nights' had its first airing, and was, as Simon Bray and others have noted, highly successful. Well done to Simon and his motley crew for all the hard work they put in across the weekend, and for making it such an enjoyable game.

Not much to report on this side of Europe. All freeforms are signing and casting now, and as we approach Continuum places will start to fill quickly, so if you want to secure you place in a freeform, you need to start thinking (and acting) now.

>From 1st June, membership of the con rises to £30, although accommodation costs stay the same. Double rooms are now fully booked, so whilst there's space at Continuum, it's single rooms from now on.

Some rejigging of the panels and special events (though not freeforms) will be taking place, and we'll announce significant programme changes in due course. Most are tweaks to iron-out clashes, even the spread of panels and seminars, and try ton ensure that there's a reasonable balance of things to do. We'll be producing a 'Survival Guide' for Continuum, geared towards those who haven't been to a con before, but will, I'm sure, have things of interest for all Continuees.

So, until next week, take care and enjoy the (supposedly) good weather that's forecast.

Lawrence Whitaker
Continuum
23rd-26th July 2004
www.continuum.uk.net