RE: Back from the dead, and ready to party.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:03:22 -0400

Hi Jane.

On 23 Jun 2004 at 20:40, Jane Williams wrote:

> Emergency warning: the stuff on line (now here:
> http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/kallyr/index.cfm )is pre-HQ/HW. It
> accomodates every tiniest factoid published by anyone prior to HW, mutually
> exclusive or not, but despite having got Greg to check my timeline before
> publishing it, the one that then came out in OiD is significantly different.

I knew that this was outdated, and had been altered, I hadn't realized the changes were so drastic.

> But, her personality as described in OiD is the "late" version. She changes
> with time, and the "stern and distant" idea isn't anything like her in the
> early 1600s. Bear that in mind.

I noticed that. I don't have a problem with him remembering her far more fondly than the more distant and grim figure she has become. As I said, I don't think she'll be making a direct appearance.

> You mean "clan", don't you?

Yup. mea culpa.

The White Quartz, in my version. Yes, that's a
> common solution to setting up this sort of link (in fact, the number of PCs
> and followers that survived, it's a very thriving clan!) I'd suggest
> avoiding any closer relationship, though.

Well, I don't have to worry about other survivors in my game, obviously.

> Which now appears to have been a swap from the Kheldon to the Culbrea, for
> reasons I have yet to understand (but I'm working on it).

OK. That's good to know.

> If he's Kheldon, take a look at the rather strange new idea that they have
> no movement powers - not even the ones possessed by every other human - and
> decide how your campaign is going to handle that. It's been discussed on
> this list in the past.

OK, I'll go searching for it.

> Sounds good to me. The Culbrea option may well be the easiest, then he knows
> her as a fellow young adult, and she owes his clan/tribe, rather than
> vice/versa. I and Donald are working out (unofficial) background for some of
> her followers from the Culbrea, which might be fun for you to pick up.
> Probably better to go off-list if you fancy knowing more.

May well do. I actually like him being a survivor of White Quartz, found by her later. Given that he's been divesting himself of the old ways, that he doesn't even really support the rebellion (Lunar or Orlanthi, as long as the ruler doesn't interfere with trade or make the taxes too bad he doesn't care. Or so he tells himself) and that he's something of a bastard, I like that he owes her. Because he does support her. Not the rebellion per se, just her.

I asked him if this is enough for him to go fight with her at some last desperate battle. He insisted not. I asked him if she was pinned down in a hopeless siege, would it be enough for him to risk himself to help get her out? He said yes. (He knows NOTHING of Glorantha or Whitewall.)

Still, he could be Culbrea, and now that they are closer in age, it could just be a love of his life he cynically insists doesn't *really* matter to him anymore. He just feels obligated. I'll leave this up to him.

Incidentally, I don't think he intended to accidentally create Rick Blaine here, it just seems to be happening. :)

LC