Re: Back from the dead, and ready to party.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:42:03 -0000

> > Emergency warning: the stuff on line (now here:
> > http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/kallyr/index.cfm )is
pre-HQ/HW.

> I knew that this was outdated, and had been altered,
> I hadn't realized the changes were so drastic.

How drastic they are depends on when your game is set, and whether you do this "backstory" thing or not. If life begins in 1620 for you, there's no real change, I suspect.

> I noticed that. I don't have a problem with him remembering her
far more fondly than the
> more distant and grim figure she has become. As I said, I don't
think she'll be making a
> direct appearance.

Not a lot of point, as she's presented now. BTW, just a thought, but I wonder if the problem is that Issaries are using the word "stern" in a rather odd way that isn't the way anyone else or a dictionary would read it. It could simply mean that she doesn't show her emotions openly, without all the connotations of hostility and sense- -humour-failure that the word would normally carry.

> The White Quartz, in my version...(in fact, the number of PCs
> > and followers that survived, it's a very thriving clan!)

> Well, I don't have to worry about other survivors in my game,
obviously.

No, I just find it amusing. Like the count of the number of Humakti in Sartar, and the deduction that they're *all* PCs!

> I like that he owes her. Because he does support her. Not the
> rebellion per se, just her.

Why does he "owe" her - she found him, later, but what did she do about it?

> I asked him if this is enough for him to go fight with her at some
last desperate battle. He
> insisted not. I asked him if she was pinned down in a hopeless
siege, would it be
> enough for him to risk himself to help get her out? He said yes.
(He knows NOTHING of
> Glorantha or Whitewall.)

Nice! We now borrow him for the Whitewall list and our collection of interesting NPCs :)

> Still, he could be Culbrea, and now that they are closer in age,
it could just be a love of
> his life he cynically insists doesn't *really* matter to him
anymore. He just feels obligated.

Also sounds like fun. He can go on in depth about how bad she is for trade, if you like. I don't know any details, but anyone who goes around starting fights that much can't be good for peace and stability, can she? Taxes, after 1613?