Re: Prax and Salt

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

Greppo, brother of Zeppo, says:

> Presumably as Prax and the Wastes are v dry
> arid etc, salt as well as water would be at
> a premium.

Yes, but they are also right next to the ocean. Now, admittedly, the big cliff and the swamp next to the ocean are both major barriers, but not to everyone. Specifically, the Morocanth probably don't have much problem scaling the cliffs (their beasts have hands) and they actually like swamps. So, I bet other Praxians think that the Morocanth know of a secret salt lick, when really they go down to the ocean during Fire Season and make sea salt. MyGMV.

> But ai'm uncertain of where the major
> salt licks are in Prax, and who "owns" them.

I recall reading somewhere that they are few in number. I bet there is at least one oasis that is salty. You can't stay there long because of the lack of potable water, but you can fill up some skins and take them with you.

> Also would there be any praxian etiquette (i
> use the term loosely) concerning this, would
> each tribesman carry a stash of salt as a
> matter of course, share them around that sort
> of this.

I'd say that it is not so rare as to be different from any other valuable commodity like wood or metal. Raid for it, trade for it, or find its secret.

Chris Lemens

New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail